The diamond roller is a new tool for grinding wheel dressing. Compared with the single-particle diamond pen, the dressing time is short, and various complex surfaces can be dressed. The characteristics, application and precautions of diamond roller dresser are introduced.
1. Characteristics and applications of diamond rollers
Diamond roller is a newly developed dressing tool. Compared with single-grain diamond pen dressing grinding wheel, its dressing time is much shorter when non-linear dressing is performed, and it is easy to dress various complex forming surfaces. Diamond roller dressing methods are divided into plunge roller dressing and pendulum roller dressing. Because the structure of the plunge type dresser is simpler than that of the pendulum type dresser, it is more used in actual production. In the plunging type roller dressing, similar to the external plunging grinding workpiece, the roller is driven by the motor to rotate, and the plunging movement is performed relative to the grinding wheel, so as to carry out the grinding wheel dressing. The main parameters that characterize the roller plunge dressing are: dressing speed ratio qd, dressing feed and light dressing revolutions. The following introduces the application of plunge diamond roller dresser in HSQB885. 4 groove grinding.
HSQB885.4 is a large four-point contact ball bearing, and its groove forms a peach-shaped groove. The existing TM1 500 floor grinder is used to replace the vertical grinder to grind its groove, and a TM1 500 diamond roller dresser is designed.
The bracket is fixed on the front of the machine bed, and the base is installed on the bracket and can be adjusted in both vertical and horizontal directions. , The transmission of the main shaft adopts the multi-ribbed belt transmission, which is stable and reliable. The drive motor is a light-weight aluminum-shell wireless speed-regulating motor, and the stepless-speed-regulating motor is used to ensure that the ratio qd of the linear speed between the roller and the grinding wheel is kept within a certain range. Because with the consumption of the grinding wheel, its linear speed decreases, at this time, it is necessary to appropriately reduce the rotation speed of the roller to obtain the best dressing effect. Change the cut-in feed of dressing to grinding wheel feed, the roller does not move during dressing, and use the manual mechanism of grinding wheel feed of the original machine tool to manually feed to realize the cutting-in movement of dressing. If grinding the inner groove, the roller can be adjusted to the opposite side of the workpiece, which is more convenient for dressing.
The dressing can also be carried out in the way that the grinding wheel does not move and the roller feeds. At this time, the structure of the dresser is more complicated, that is, linear guides, ball screws, stepping motors, etc. are used, and the dressing action of the roller can be designed as a simple numerical control system. The action program is designed as: fast forward (can not touch the grinding wheel) → slow forward (feed according to the required cutting speed) → light repair → exit.
2. Matters needing attention
Because the diamond roller forming and dressing method has the characteristics of short dressing time, various complex profiles, good profile accuracy, and convenient dressing operations, its use effect has gradually been recognized by people, and it has also been used in production. wider application. However, the following points should be paid attention to in the design, manufacture and use of rollers:
(1) The particle size of diamond should be one size larger than that of the dressed grinding wheel, and the size of diamond particles should be close to the same, and the particle shape is approximately spherical, and the commonly used particle size is 36 # ~ 100 #.
(2) Usually, the linear velocity at the contact point between the roller and the grinding wheel is in the same direction, and the ratio (qd value) of the linear velocity of the roller to the linear velocity of the grinding wheel is + 0. 3 ~ + 0. 7 is better, and should not exceed + 1; when dressing The cut-in amount of the roller should be 0.5-1 μm per rotation of the grinding wheel, and the total amount of the grinding wheel for each dressing should be 0.02-0.04 mm; the polishing time should be shortened as much as possible.
(3) The manufacturing error of the diamond roller should be less than about 1/2 of the workpiece tolerance, and the clearance between the roller hole and the mounting bearing should be 2 to 4 μm.
(4) Natural or synthetic diamonds can be used, and synthetic diamonds must be high-strength diamonds, such as diamond SCD for grinding steel or high-strength diamond SMD.
(5) When the roller is manufactured, the roller with general precision can be manufactured by the outer plating method and the sintering method, and the roller with high precision and complex profile shall be manufactured by the inner plating method, and the grinding and dressing method shall be carried out at the same time.
(6) When the diamond roller dresses the grinding wheel, it must follow the action procedure of fast forward (can not touch the grinding wheel) → slow forward (feed at the required cutting speed) → light repair → exit, and do not stagger the steps, otherwise the life of the roller will be difficult to guarantee.
--Diamond dressing rollers, diamond roller manufacturers find Guangzhou Jinrui: www.jrdiamondtools.com